Aap ki seva mein AAP ki sarkar

There was a movie called Nayak - The real hero many moons ago. It was a remake of a South Indian film about a common man who is made chief minister for a day. It was - in the true South Indian cinematic sense - dramatic and starred Anil Kapoor in the title role.

When I watched this film for the first time, I remember thinking - AS IF! Aise thodi hota hai?
But I loved it for how idealistic it was. It was nice to think maybe, just maybe, there will be an end to stereotypical politicians, that a hero will rise and change the chalta hai attitude and actually say nahi chalega, badlo ise. Or better yet, hum badlenge ise - which is everything the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) stands for.



As Arvind Kejriwal swore in as Chief Minister (CM) of Delhi today, I felt goosebumps on my skin.
What a struggle! And what an overwhelming result!

His first speech as CM was liberating, reassuring and had one overarching message - we are the Aam Aadmi Party and we are here to help you.

I must confess, I had no hope or expectations from him or AAP but with their performance, they have shut pessimists like me up. And I must say I'm happy to be gagged by brilliant performers like them.

How much, of what the new-party-on-the-block has promised, will be fulfilled is yet to be seen. But I wish them the best for sure.

New hope at the end of an eventful year is just what we all needed to ring in the new year.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Man of Steel: Superman reinvented

The Jungle Book