Jai Ho - lesser said the better

At the cost of facing flak from Sallu fans, I'm going to do this.
Trust me, I'm a big Sallu fan myself. But this movie was beyond disappointment.

The good - There are a couple of them only - 1. There is a social message in the film (it's quite blatant actually) and 2. I didn't pay to watch this film.

The bad - It is understood that Salman Khan has die-hard fans but to take them for granted? This was a bit of a stretch. I've watched bad Sallu films - Wanted, Bodyguard, Ready (even enjoyed this one) - but Jai Ho left me at a loss for words.

The ugly - Check out the cast - I mean seriously! Anyone and everyone is in it. The production house had absolutely no problem keeping budgets in control. 

The obvious - There is nothing, absolutely nothing, that works for this film. There is no story (save the one message that you're badgered with throughout because the director hasn't been acquianted with the concept of subtelty). 

The frames are amateur, the dialogues are OTT (over the top) and the actors act less and ham more. It's not even unintentionally funny. 

My recommendation: Don't even attempt to watch it, not even at your own risk.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Man of Steel: Superman reinvented

The Jungle Book