Tanu Weds Manu Returns

So Kangana Ranaut is turning out to be something of a powerhouse.
This movie is all her - and some others who managed to scratch the surface.
Everyone else is like background props to set context.

Yes I've been away for quite long and I chose to return with Tanu and Manu in their latest outing – Tanu Weds Manu Returns.
Hopefully, my blog will make a better impression on you than this film did on me.

To sum it up, it's ekdum timepass.
IMDb has rated it 8.3 and I seldom disagree with them, but this time I do and strongly so! The story is supposed to be about the marital life of Tanu and Manu, four years hence (they got married in part 1 - just FYI). But it's nothing but an exaggerated rant of a bored couple. I wish there was more to it.

They try going their own separate ways but fail miserably. And in their endeavor to get back at each other, they drag poor Kusum into the soup. After a while everything seems like a drag. The songs are good but seem like a force fit in the whole scheme of things. A special mention to Kangana's dance moves here. :) 

While the actress has made some improvisations to her character Tanu, Kangana as the Haryanvi lass steals the limelight. Her performance takes the attention away from a badly thought out script and a jaded R. Madhavan.

The movie starts out well and has some clever, punchy dialogues but that's about all for me. There's no plot really over here, just a lot of confusion and sprinkle some social messages over it and it's a tasty looking dish that disappoints.

My recommendation: I did not enjoy this movie. But if it's mass appeal you're looking for, give it one watch purely for Kangana's stellar performance.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Man of Steel: Superman reinvented

The Jungle Book