Shaun of the Dead

I must state at the outset that I'm not the zombie-apocalypse-movie-watcher type.
I'm more the chick-flick variety.

But what happens when zombie apocalypse meets chick flick?
Answer: Shaun of the Dead

I'd never in my wildest imagination thought that zombie flicks could be funny.
Neither had I thought that I'd find myself watching it some day.
Well, as you can see, Shaun of the Dead has proved me wrong on most accounts.
And boy am I glad it did!

The camera work and narrative are quite unique.
Horror + comedy only makes me think of the Scary Movies series or American Pie series.
But the Brits have shown the Americans how it's done.

Smart and funny with a real story line - that's a sure-shot recipe for awesomesness.
And I'm saying this 10 years too late.
So imagine the furore it might've caused when it first came out?
Or wait, don't put your imagination to work yet.
Get the first copy of the movie you can lay your hands on and let your imagination get taken over.

My recommendation: A must watch. Zombie flick lover or not!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Man of Steel: Superman reinvented

The Jungle Book