The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

This is a fresh out of the oven type thing.
The film hasn't even finished running credits as I write this piece.
That's how compelled I felt to write about this movie.

There's so much to be said and yet so little that was. I'm truly astounded by Ben Stiller's take on something so mundane as a closet-hero seeking something more from his life.

Walter Mitty is no one but he's everyone.
Every one of us who wants to go out there, do something we've never done before, look outside of our comfort zone - but we don't. Because we're too caught up in our own little web of things.

Believe you me, when I say, I didn't know what I was watching, for the first hour. Was he searching for his boss? Did he find himself during the course of his journey? What's he doing? Why? My mind was full of questions. But I didn't stop to think. Not once. I was so engrossed, so zapped. The story telling is so unique. Or I haven't seen something like this in a really long time. I like smart films. That's what it is.

What struck me most was wherever he went, he would come face-to-face with himself. In the picturesque locales of Greenland, Iceland and the Himalayas, whether it was to trek, skateboard, walk, run, swim or fly with a drunken pilot - he had to make a choice, just him. Truth be told, I was on that journey with him.

There's a Walter Mitty in me and if he's in you, you'll certainly make a connect.

My recommendation: Take that journey with Walter Mitty. If nothing, you'll at least feel refreshed. But whatever you do, don't miss it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Man of Steel: Superman reinvented

The Jungle Book